This End User License Agreement, including the Order Form which by this reference is incorporated herein (this “Agreement”), is a binding agreement between Peel Software Development LLC (“Licensor”) and the person or entity identified on the Order Form as the licensee of the Software (“Licensee”).
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND ON THE CONDITION THAT LICENSEE ACCEPTS AND COMPLIES WITH THEM. BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON YOU (A) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT LICENSEE IS LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (I) YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (II) IF LICENSEE IS A CORPORATION, GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF LICENSEE AND BIND LICENSEE TO ITS TERMS. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSOR WILL NOT AND DOES NOT LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO LICENSEE AND YOU MUST NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR OR LICENSEE’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, NO LICENSE IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Authorized Users” means solely those individuals authorized to use the Software pursuant to the license granted under this Agreement, as set forth on the Order Form.
- “Documentation” means user manuals, technical manuals, and any other materials provided by Licensor, in printed, electronic, or other form, that describe the installation, operation, use, or technical specifications of the Software.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for, or otherwise now or hereafter in existence under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection, or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection, in any part of the world.
- “Licensee” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
- “License Fees” means the license fees, including all taxes thereon, paid or required to be paid by Licensee for the license granted under this Agreement.
- “Licensor” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
- “Order Form” means the order form filled out and submitted by or on behalf of Licensee, and accepted by Licensor, for Licensee’s purchase of the license for the Software granted under this Agreement.
- “Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company, governmental authority, unincorporated organization, trust, association, or other entity.
- “Software” means the software programs for which Licensee is purchasing a license, as expressly set forth in the Order Form.
- “Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 11.
- “Third Party” means any Person other than Licensee or Licensor.
- “Update” has the meaning set forth in Section 7(b).
2. License Grant and Scope.
(a) The Software is licensed to You by Licensor. Subject to and conditioned upon Licensee’s payment of the License Fees and Licensee’s strict compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, limited license during the Term to use, solely by and through its Authorized Users, the Software and Documentation, solely as set forth in this Section 2 and subject to all conditions and limitations set forth in Section 4 or elsewhere in this Agreement. The license granted to the Licensee pertaining to the Software may not be sublicensed to, commercially distributed, or shared with any other party without the prior written consent of Licensor. This license grants Licensee the right, exercisable solely by and through Licensee’s Authorized Users, to:
(i) Download and install in accordance with the Documentation one (1) copy of the Software on each of the number of computers set forth on the Order Form owned or leased, and controlled by, Licensee. Unless the Order Form expressly states that Licensee is purchasing a network license, each such computer shall be for a single Authorized User. In addition to the foregoing, Licensee has the right to make one copy of the Software solely for archival purposes and one copy of the Software solely for backup purposes, provided that Licensee shall not, and shall not allow any Person to, install or use any such copy other than if and for so long as any copy installed in accordance with the preceding sentence is inoperable and, provided, further, that Licensee uninstalls and otherwise deletes such inoperable copy. All copies of the Software made by the Licensee:
- will be the exclusive property of the Licensor;
- will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
- must include all trademark, copyright, patent, and other Intellectual Property Rights notices contained in the original.
(ii) Use and run the Software as properly installed in accordance with this Agreement and the Documentation, solely as set forth in the Documentation and solely for Licensee’s internal business purposes. Such use is permitted for operation of only one Authorized User at a time.
(iii) Download or otherwise make one (1) copy of the Documentation and use such Documentation, solely in support of its licensed use of the Software in accordance herewith. All copies of the Documentation made by Licensee:
- will be the exclusive property of Licensor;
- will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
- must include all trademark, copyright, patent, and other Intellectual Property Rights notices contained in the original.
(b) Free Trials and Evaluation Installations. You may install and use one copy of the Software on your computer. You may use the Software only to demonstrate and internally evaluate it. You may not use the Software in a live operating environment unless you have purchased an actual license. The evaluation installation is made available for use by You as an end user according to this Agreement. TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE: The Software will stop running 30 days after you activate it. You will receive notice within 30 days before it stops running. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running. The license rights granted under this agreement are limited to the first thirty (30) days commencing after you first install the Software unless you purchase a licensed copy and supply information required to activate your licensed copy in the manner described during the setup sequence of the Software.
You can activate the Software through the use of the Internet or telephone; toll charges may apply. You may also need to reactivate the Software if you modify your computer hardware or alter the Software. There may be technological measures in this Software that are designed to prevent unlicensed use of the Software. Licensor will use those measures to confirm you have a legally licensed copy of the Software. If you are not
using a licensed copy of the Software, you are not allowed to install the Software or future Software updates. Licensor will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer during this process.
In the event you chose to purchase, download, evaluate, or otherwise access any of the Software products available from Licensor, you may be required to provide certain registration information to Licensor.
3. Use Restrictions.
Licensee shall not, and shall require its Authorized Users not to, directly or indirectly:
(a) use (including make any copies of) the Software or Documentation beyond the scope of the license granted under Section 2;
(b) provide any other Person, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, with access to or use of the Software or Documentation;
(c) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or Documentation or any part thereof;
(d) combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
(e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
(f) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on or with the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
(g) except as expressly set forth in Section 2(a)(i) and Section 2(a)(iii), copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
(h) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Software, or any features or functionality of the Software, to any Third Party for any reason, whether or not over a network or on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet or any web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
(i) use the Software or Documentation in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including:
- (i) power generation systems;
- (ii) aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems,
- or any other transport management systems;
- (iii) safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems,
- vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems;
- (iv) military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments;
(j) use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
(k) use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
4. Responsibility for Use of Software.
Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software and Documentation through access thereto provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Licensee is responsible and liable for all actions and failures to take required actions with respect to the Software and Documentation by its Authorized Users or by any other Person to whom Licensee or an Authorized User may provide access to or use of the Software and/or Documentation, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement.
5. Compliance Measures.
(a) The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against any use of the Software that is prohibited under Section 4. Licensee shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
(b) On an annual basis, and otherwise on Licensor’s written request, Licensee shall conduct a review of its and its Authorized Users use the Software and certify to Licensor in a written instrument signed by an officer of Licensee that it is in full compliance with this Agreement or, if Licensee discovers any noncompliance:
- (i) Licensee shall immediately remedy such noncompliance and provide Licensor with written notice thereof. Licensee shall provide Licensor with all access and assistance as Licensor requests to further evaluate and remedy such noncompliance.
- (ii) If Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds the number of copies or Authorized Users permitted under the license, Licensor shall have the remedies set forth in Section 6(d).
(c) Licensee grants Licensor the right, in Licensor’s sole discretion, audit Licensee’s use of the Software to ensure Licensee’s compliance with this Agreement. The Licensee shall cooperate with Licensor’s personnel conducting such audits and provide all reasonable access requested by the Licensor to records, systems, equipment, information, and personnel, including machine IDs, serial numbers, and related information. Licensor shall only examine information directly related to the Licensee’s use of the Software. Licensor may conduct audits only during Licensee’s normal business hours and in a manner that does not unreasonably interfere with the Licensee’s business operations.
(d) If any of the measures taken or implemented under this Section 6 determines that the Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement then:
- (i) Licensee shall, within three (3) days following the date of Licensor’s written notification thereof, pay to Licensor the retroactive License Fees for such excess use and, unless Licensor terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 6.1(d)(iii), obtain and pay for a valid license to bring Licensee’s use into compliance with this Agreement. In determining the Licensee Fee payable pursuant to the foregoing, (x) unless Licensee can demonstrate otherwise by documentary evidence, all excess use of the Software shall be deemed to have commenced on the commencement date of this Agreement or, if later, the completion date of any audit previously conducted by Licensor hereunder, and continued uninterrupted thereafter, and (y) the rates for such licenses shall be determined without regard to any discount to which Licensee may have been entitled had such use been properly licensed prior to its commencement (or deemed commencement).
- (ii) If the use exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement by more than 5%, Licensee shall also pay to Licensor, within three (3) days following the date of Licensor’s written request therefor, Licensor’s costs incurred in conducting the audit.
- (iii) If the use exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement by more than 5%, Licensor shall also have the right to terminate this Agreement and the license granted hereunder, effective immediately upon written notice toLicensee.
Licensor’s remedies set forth in this Section 6(d) are cumulative and are in addition to, and not in lieu of, all other remedies the Licensor may have at law or in equity, whether under this Agreement or otherwise.
Maintenance and Support.
(a) Subject to Section 7(c), the license granted hereunder entitles Licensee to the basic software maintenance and support services described from time to time on Licensor’s website located at peeldev.com/support:
- (i) for one (1) year following the date set forth on the Order Form; and
- (ii) thereafter, solely if Licensee purchases any available and additional support services.
(b) Maintenance and support services may include provision of such updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, and other error corrections (collectively, “Updates”) as Licensor makes generally available free of charge to all licensees of the Software then entitled to maintenance and support services. Licensor may develop and provide Updates in its sole discretion, and Licensee agrees that Licensor has no obligation to develop any Updates at all or for particular issues. Licensee further agrees that all Updates will be deemed Software, and related documentation will be deemed Documentation, all subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may provide some or all Updates via download from a website designated by Licensor and that Licensee’s receipt thereof will require an internet connection, which connection is Licensee’s sole responsibility. Licensor has no obligation to provide Updates via any other media. Maintenance and support services do not include any new version or new release of the Software that Licensor may issue as a separate or new product, and Licensor may determine whether any issuance qualifies as a new version, new release, or Update in its sole discretion.
(c) Licensor reserves the right to condition the provision of maintenance and support services, including all or any Updates, on Licensee’s registration of the copy of Software for which support is requested. Licensor has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services, including Updates:
- (i) for any but the most current or immediately preceding version or release of the Software;
- (ii) for any copy of Software for which all previously issued Updates have not been installed;
- (iii) if Licensee is in breach under this Agreement; or
- (iv) for any Software that has been modified other than by Licensor, or that is being used with any hardware, software, configuration, or operating system not specified in the Documentation or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing.
7. Collection and Use of Information.
(a) Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of Third Parties, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, through:
- (i) the provision of maintenance and support services; and
- (ii) security measures included in the Software as described in Section 6.
(b) Licensee agrees that the Licensor may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Software by Licensee or on Licensee’s equipment, including but not limited to:
- (i) improving the performance of the Software or developing Updates; and
- (ii) verifying Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing the Licensor’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Software.
8. Intellectual Property Rights.
Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software and Documentation are provided under license, and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software or Documentation under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this Agreement.
Licensor reserves and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. Licensee shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. Licensee shall promptly notify Licensor if Licensee becomes aware of any infringement of the Licensor’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and fully cooperate with Licensor in any legal action taken by Licensor to enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.
All License Fees and Support Fees are payable in advance in the manner set forth in the Order Form and are non-refundable. Any renewal of the license or maintenance and support services hereunder shall not be effective until the fees for such renewal have been paid in full.
Term and Termination.
(a) This Agreement and the license granted hereunder shall remain in effect for the term set forth on the Order Form or until terminated as set forth herein (the “Term”).
(b) Licensee may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use and destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation.
(c) Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to Licensee, if Licensee, breaches this Agreement and such breach: (i) is incapable of cure; or (ii) being capable of cure, remains uncured one (1) day after Licensor provides written notice thereof.
(d) Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, if Licensee files, or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or pursuant to any other insolvency law, makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors or applies for, or consents to, the appointment of a trustee, receiver, or custodian for a substantial part of its property.
(e) Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder shall also terminate, and Licensee shall cease using and destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation. No expiration or termination shall affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all Licensee Fees or any applicable Support Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Licensee to any refund, in each case except as set forth in Section 12.1(c)(ii).
Exclusive Remedy and Warranty Disclaimer.
(a) THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH
RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE
OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH
ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
12. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
(a) IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE; LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS; DELAYS, INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF SERVICES, BUSINESS, OR GOODWILL; LOSS OR
CORRUPTION OF DATA; LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR SHUTDOWN; FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION; FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION; SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION; OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY; OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
THIS AGREEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’, INCLUDING ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS’ AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’, COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENTOR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO THE LICENSOR PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR UP TO TWELVE (12) MONTHS OF THE SPECIFIC SERVICES, THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
(c) THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12(a) AND SECTION 12(b) SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THE LICENSEE’S REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
13. Export Regulation.
The Software and Documentation may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. The Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software or Documentation to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. The Licensee shall comply with all applicable U.S. federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software or Documentation available outside the US.
US Government Rights.
The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in U.S. statute 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if the Licensee is the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee shall receive only those rights with
respect to the Software and Documentation as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
(a) All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of California in each case located in the City of Los Angeles and County of Los Angeles, and each party irrevocably submits to the
exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such legal suit, action, or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice, or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action, or other proceeding brought in any such court.
(b) Licensor will not be responsible or liable to Licensee, or deemed in default or breach hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder where such failure or delay is due to strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, riot, rebellion, invasion, epidemic, hostilities, war, terrorist attack, embargo, natural disaster, acts of God, flood, fire, sabotage, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning, or Licensee equipment, loss and destruction of property, or any other circumstances or causes
beyond Licensor’s reasonable control.
(c) All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (i) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (ii) when
received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (iii) on the date sent by facsimile email (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next business day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (iv) on the third day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the respective parties at the addresses set forth on the Order Form (or to such other address as may be designated
by a party from time to time in accordance with this Section 16(c)).
(d) This Agreement, together with the Order Form, constitutes the sole and entire agreement between Licensee and Licensor with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject
(e) Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion. For purposes of the preceding sentence, and without limiting its generality, any merger, consolidation, or reorganization involving Licensee (regardless of whether Licensee is a surviving or disappearing entity) will be
deemed to be a transfer of rights, obligations, or performance under this Agreement for which Licensor’s prior written consent is required. No delegation or other transfer will relieve Licensee of any of its obligations or performance under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of this Section 16(e) is void. Licensor may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement without Licensee’s consent. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
(f) This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
(g) This Agreement may only be amended, modified, or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
(h) If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
(i) For purposes of this Agreement, (a) the words “include,” “includes,” and “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; and (c) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto,” and “hereunder” refer to this Agreement as a whole. Unless the context otherwise requires, references herein: (x) to Sections, Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits refer to the Sections of, and Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits attached to, this Agreement; (y) to an agreement, instrument, or other document means such agreement, instrument, or other document as amended, supplemented, and modified from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof and (z) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. This Agreement shall be construed without
regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted. The Order Form and all Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits referred to herein shall be construed with, and as an integral part of, this Agreement to the same extent as if they were set forth
(j) The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
“your”) for use pursuant to and subject to a software license agreement (the “Software License Agreement”) between Peel Software Development LLC (“Licensor”) and your employer or other person or entity who owns or otherwise lawfully controls the computer on which the Software is installed (“Licensee”).
FOR ACCEPTANCE AND YOU WILL HAVE NO LICENSE TO, AND MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE, THE SOFTWARE.
1. License Grant.
- (a) the expiration or earlier termination of the Software License Agreement between Licensor and Licensee; or
- (b) your ceasing to be authorized by Licensee to use the Software for any or no reason.
2. Use Restrictions.
You shall not, directly or indirectly:
- (a) use the Software or Documentation except as set forth in Section 1;
- (b) copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
- (c) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or any part thereof;
- (d) combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
- (e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
- (f) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices included on or in the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
- (g) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise provide any access to or use of the Software or any features or functionality of the Software, for any reason, to any other person or entity, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, whether or not over a network and whether or not on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet, web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
- (h) use the Software or Documentation in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including:
- (i) power generation systems;
- (ii) aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems;
- (iii) safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and
- (iv) military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
- (i) use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
- (j) use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
(a) The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against use of the Software:
- (i) beyond the scope of the license granted to pursuant to Section 1; or
- (ii) prohibited under Section 2.
You shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
Collection and Use of Information.
(a) Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of others, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, by means of (i) providing maintenance and support services and (ii) security measures included in the Software as described in Section 3.
(b) You agree that the Licensor may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Software by you, including but not limited to: (i) improving the performance of the Software or developing updates; and verifying compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing Licensor’s rights, including all intellectual property rights in and to the Software.
Intellectual Property Rights.
You acknowledge that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights to the Software other than to use the Software
in accordance with the license granted under this Agreement, subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions. Licensor reserves and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to the Software, subject to the license expressly granted to the Licensee in this
Agreement. You shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
Disclaimer of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE. YOU ARE PROVIDED THE SOFTWARE PURSUANT
TO THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT BETWEEN LICENSOR AND LICENSEE, SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF LICENSEE AND AT LICENSEE’S DISCRETION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THAT AGREEMENT INCLUDING ANY RIGHTS TO ENFORCE ANY OF ITS TERMS. ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE SOLELY TO LICENSEE PURSUANT TO THAT AGREEMENT AND SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH THEREIN.
The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.
of the State of California.
SCHEDULE A – THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE
PYTHON SOFTWARE FOUNDATION LICENSE VERSION 2
BEOPEN.COM LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 2.0
CNRI LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 1.6.1
CWI LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 0.9.0 THROUGH 1.2
Vicon Datastream SDK 1.9.0
Vicon Motion Systems Limited.
Copyright (C) 1994-1996, 1999-2002, 2004-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3, 29 June 2007 Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. http://fsf.org/ Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed. This version of the GNU Lesser General Public License incorporates the terms and conditions of version 3 of the GNU General Public License, supplemented by the additional permissions listed below. Additional Definitions. As used herein, “this License” refers to version 3 of the GNU Lesser General Public License, and the “GNU GPL” refers to version 3 of the GNU General Public License. “The Library” refers to a covered work governed by this License, other than an Application or a Combined Work as defined below. An “Application” is any work that makes use of an interface provided by the Library, but which is not otherwise based on the Library. Defining a subclass of a class defined by the Library is deemed a mode of using an interface provided by the Library. A “Combined Work” is a work produced by combining or linking an Application with the Library. The particular version of the Library with which the Combined Work was made is also called the “Linked Version”. The “Minimal Corresponding Source” for a Combined Work means the Corresponding Source for the Combined Work, excluding any source code for portions of the Combined Work that, considered in isolation, are based on the Application, and not on the Linked Version. The “Corresponding Application Code” for a Combined Work means the object code and/or source code for the Application, including any data and utility programs needed for reproducing the Combined Work from the Application, but excluding the System Libraries of the Combined Work. Exception to Section 3 of the GNU GPL. You may convey a covered work under sections 3 and 4 of this License without being bound by section 3 of the GNU GPL. Conveying Modified Versions. If you modify a copy of the Library, and, in your modifications, a facility refers to a function or data to be supplied by an Application that uses the facility (other than as an argument passed when the facility is invoked), then you may convey a copy of the modified version: a) under this License, provided that you make a good faith effort to ensure that, in the event an Application does not supply the function or data, the facility still operates, and performs whatever part of its purpose remains meaningful, or b) under the GNU GPL, with none of the additional permissions of this License applicable to that copy. Object Code Incorporating Material from Library Header Files. The object code form of an Application may incorporate material from a header file that is part of the Library. You may convey such object code under terms of your choice, provided that, if the incorporated material is not limited to numerical parameters, data structure layouts and accessors, or small macros, inline functions and templates (ten or fewer lines in length), you do both of the following: a) Give prominent notice with each copy of the object code that the Library is used in it and that the Library and its use are covered by this License. b) Accompany the object code with a copy of the GNU GPL and this license document. Combined Works. You may convey a Combined Work under terms of your choice that, taken together, effectively do not restrict modification of the portions of the Library contained in the Combined Work and reverse engineering for debugging such modifications, if you also do each of the following: a) Give prominent notice with each copy of the Combined Work that the Library is used in it and that the Library and its use are covered by this License. b) Accompany the Combined Work with a copy of the GNU GPL and this license document. c) For a Combined Work that displays copyright notices during execution, include the copyright notice for the Library among these notices, as well as a reference directing the user to the copies of the GNU GPL and this license document. d) Do one of the following:
0) Convey the Minimal Corresponding Source under the terms of this License, and the Corresponding Application Code in a form suitable for, and under terms that permit, the user to recombine or relink the Application with a modified version of the Linked Version to produce a modified Combined Work, in the manner specified by section 6 of the GNU GPL for conveying Corresponding Source. 1) Use a suitable shared library mechanism for linking with the Library. A suitable mechanism is one that (a) uses at run time a copy of the Library already present on the user's computer system, and (b) will operate properly with a modified version of the Library that is interface-compatible with the Linked Version.e) Provide Installation Information, but only if you would otherwise be required to provide such information under section 6 of the GNU GPL, and only to the extent that such information is necessary to install and execute a modified version of the Combined Work produced by recombining or relinking the Application with a modified version of the Linked Version. (If you use option 4d0, the Installation Information must accompany the Minimal Corresponding Source and Corresponding Application Code. If you use option 4d1, you must provide the Installation Information in the manner specified by section 6 of the GNU GPL for conveying Corresponding Source.) Combined Libraries. You may place library facilities that are a work based on the Library side by side in a single library together with other library facilities that are not Applications and are not covered by this License, and convey such a combined library under terms of your choice, if you do both of the following: a) Accompany the combined library with a copy of the same work based on the Library, uncombined with any other library facilities, conveyed under the terms of this License. b) Give prominent notice with the combined library that part of it is a work based on the Library, and explaining where to find the accompanying uncombined form of the same work. Revised Versions of the GNU Lesser General Public License. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the GNU Lesser General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns. Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Library as you received it specifies that a certain numbered version of the GNU Lesser General Public License “or any later version” applies to it, you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that published version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Library as you received it does not specify a version number of the GNU Lesser General Public License, you may choose any version of the GNU Lesser General Public License ever published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Library as you received it specifies that a proxy can decide whether future versions of the GNU Lesser General Public License shall apply, that proxy's public statement of acceptance of any version is permanent authorization for you to choose that version for the Library.